Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{Tutorials} Ruffle Fondant Flowers

Photobucket

I first discovered Call Me Cupcake from Kelly of The Party Dress and have been smitten ever since. I am in awe of the sites photography and the blogs gorgeous styling and display of sweets.

Believe it or not, thees ruffle fondant flowers do not seem too hard to make. I am always looking for ways to dress up a store bought cake and this would be a perfect feminine touch! Here are the simple DIY instructions from Call Me Cupcake.

Step One:
Knead and color the fondant

Photobucket

Step Two:
Roll out with a rolling pin.

Photobucket

Step Three:
Use a round cutter of any size.

Photobucket

Step Four:
Frill the edges using the back of a brush. Gently roll it back and forth to create the frill effect.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Step Five:
Scrunch the piece of fondant together from the middle to form a flower.

Photobucket

See, not too difficult?! I can't wait to give these a try someday soon!

Photobucket


14 comments:

Unknown said...

I am not a baker but this looks likes something I could actually do! Thanks for sharing!

Elena said...

Wow! How simple! Thank you for this tutorial!

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

This would be gorgeous for a bridal shower, baby shower, or a Sweet 16 party! Thanks for sharing about Call Me Cupcake. :-)

Maddycakes Muse said...

This looks amazing and maybe something I can do. I hope you are well my friend!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I am IN LOVE with ruffle cakes and flowers. So if I tried that with strips of fondant, maybe I could ruffle the entire cake?!!

Elizabeth {Pretty Smitten} said...

GORGEOUS! I love this. Thanks for the great tutorial!!

Lara Arenghi said...

Lindo, lindo, lindo!
O tutorial, com certeza vai ajudar muito.
Parabéns pelo blog, quando puder pase para um café

http://confrariadosnobres.blogspot.com

Susan said...

So pretty.

Margot Madison Creative said...

I'm going to have to try this. I've been debating over what to do with my birthday cake and the standard bakery flowers were really bothering me. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Meem said...

http://sweetmeems.blogspot.com/2011/10/chic-rosette-cake.html

Shelly said...

How do you make the ruffles on the cake? is it frosting or fondant? Is there a tutorial for that somewhere as well?

Sherrie B's Bizz said...

Do tell us how the ruffles on the side of the cake were made, please. :) My daughter and I have been to a couple specialty bakeries in the Daytona Beach area and they don't seem to know how it's done. Some lady even suggested that it was material which would need to be peeled off the cake before you cut it, how absurd! I know it's some kind of icing, maybe fondant rolled with a special tool (that's my guess anyway.) Please help us, so we can find someone one to make my daughter's wedding cake.

burban10 said...

i can't find where to find out how to make the ruffles????

Anna Schafer said...

I am in awe of the sites photography and the blogs gorgeous styling and display of sweets. how to send flowers to perth at the right time

Post a Comment