Monday, January 11, 2010

Real Parties: A Silver & Teal Celebratory Dinner

My photography skills are SHAMEFUL and I am very reluctant to share these with you because it does not do the party justice one bit!! I have been spoiled rotten by my photographer friends who shoot my parties. But I promised and maybe one person out there actually has been waiting to see these. So here goes...

I was so excited because the hostess wanted to use ghost chairs which I have been dying to use! They were gorgeous and gave the space a clean, modern feel. We cleared the living room of all furniture and brought in two long tables that each sat 20 people.

The colors were silver, teal and white which we carried throughout the entire party. Hayley Hardcastle designed the box invitation as well as the other paper goods like the menu above. A personal chef catered the event and guests feasted on a 10 course meal.


A mannequin (long story!) held a larger menu near the chef's station so guests could take a closer look at what was being prepared.

One of the flower arrangements...we used white roses and peonies.

Cocktail napkins with the guest of honor's initials.

The favor table.

Again, I apologize for my terrible photography skills! It really was a gorgeous party and I wish I had hired a photographer...oh well!


11 comments:

Shelley said...

It looks beautiful and I love the ghost chairs!
Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

Looks soo pretty, I love the bev naps-the colors are so cute:)

Enchanted Expectations said...

I love the color combo and those chairs are to die for. Great Job

Free Pretty Things For You said...

it look stunning! those clear chairs are awesome! Beautiful Job :)

Baxton Studio said...

awsome! let me use the pictures on my blog! ghost chair blog I've been taking pictures around my house for the last month, I should have been asking people that use them.

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

I am LOVING the mannequin holding the menu (seen in the background of the 1st picture)!! That is exactly the kind of unexpected detail that I love!
Everything turned out so pretty and elegant. Great Job!

Sandi said...

don't we all wish we had a professional photographer with at all times? sigh...
You can still tell how stunning it was! :)

Mari said...

Beautiful! I do love the ghost chairs.. they make it possible to truly focus on the tablescape. Is this a room in your home that you use for parties you plan? That definitely would be perfect! Again, it is all so beautiful!

jackie fo said...

Everything looks great! I love the pretty cocktail napkins! http://www.jackiefo.blogspot.com/

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Love the mannequin story, Christi! Thanks!
:D

amy & lisa said...

This is just beautiful!! Wow!!

Post a Comment