Friday, May 8, 2009

Candylicious

The Candyland birthday party put on by Hostess with the Mostess was too cute not to duplicate!  I chose the theme for my son's second birthday and a friend of mine chose it for her daughter's first.  We both LOVE sweets and wanted to take advantage of choosing the theme before our kids have their say!  Allison's party puts mine to shame.  But in my defense, I had a 4 week old baby!  =)


Ella's First Birthday!







Proud parents in their too cute candy themed t-shirts!

Nick's Candylicious Birthday!
I knew that putting this party together would be a little difficult since I would have a newborn at home.  Instead of spending hours thinking of new ideas (I tend to plan parties months ahead...it's a curse!) I borrowed many ideas from Hostess with the Mostess.  A HUGE thank you to that wonderful site!!

Invitation & Thank You notes created by my friend Hayley Hardcastle


Nicklaus checking out the treats!  This was his first experience with candy and let me tell you...he loved it!
I recreated the candy centerpieces shown from the Candyland party at Hostess with the Mostess
The party was in the morning so I served a breakfast of champions...donuts of course!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this party theme! What did you make your walkway out of??

Unknown said...

What is the walkway made out of?

Post a Comment