Monday, July 19, 2010

{Guest Post} Melanie from Scout-A Mom's Guide to Stylish Living!


I am Melanie, from Scout-A Mom’s guide to stylish living, and I am so THRILLED to be guest posting on P is for party today!

Since Christi brings you all of the amazing finds in the world of party and event planning, I thought it would be fitting to talk about great hostess gifts.

I am a little old fashioned, as I always like to bring something if someone is hosting us for dinner, and especially if I am going to stay at someone’s home for a weekend. I truly take the time to find the perfect gift that I know my hostess will love.

Here are just a few of my favorite items that are sure to please your gracious host!

I myself recently received this as a hostess gift, and it is so wonderful that I hope to reciprocate someday. This is the room spray from L’Artisan. If you know L’Artisan, you are familiar with their intoxicating scents and high quality fragrance. Their room spray is no different…definitely not a febreeze type smell here! We have the linden flower and it is light, and springy and absolutely wonderful. www.artisanperfumeur.us

We love to give wine as a hostess gift, but why not make it more personalized with a custom wine tote? This one is amazing because it is also a cooler bag. So they can use it for picnics, or other outings. Only $21.99 available here: www.simply-bags.com

I think that you can also never go wrong with a wonderful hand soap. You always need a fresh bar in your guest bath, and I personally feel like I am always buying new soap for our house. I have fallen in love with soaps by Mistral. They carry the line at Anthropologie and there are many great scents to choose from. The South Seas is one of my personal favorites! www.mistralsoap.com



Lastly, for the host or hostess that has everything, I am absolutely head over heels for this bee hive sugar and creamer set by Juliska. How lovely to set out for guests in the morning?! And I think they would fit in nicely with any neutral place setting. Available here: www.neimanmarcus.com

Thanks again to Christi for letting me guest post on her blog today, I hope she is having a wonderful vacation!




2 comments:

Bird said...

What a stylish mum!! :)

Great ideas!!!

Love,
Bird

Kelli said...

I have to agree with you if someone is hosting they deserve a nice thank you gift! Thanks for sharing!

Kelli
xoxo

Post a Comment