Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How to Save a Cupcake

image via Flickr

I love icing!! I always go for the piece of cake or cupcake that has the most. I'm not one to turn down sweets, so whenever a friend sends me home with a leftover cupcake...or two, or three...I'm excited. But I'm always so sad when I get home and most of the icing has come off due to the plastic wrap.

I just read a great tip from Celebrations that will help with this saga. Place the cupcake(s) on a sturdy paper plate and stick a candle in the center. Then, cover with plastic wrap. The candle holds up the plastic wrap to prevent smearing. When I read that, it was a "why did I not think of that" moment! This may be old news to you, but it was a revelation for me.


3 comments:

Bethany said...

How clever is that?! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Great idea and what a beautiful cupcake photo!

Elizabeth Kinard said...

I have another tip. I make cakes for friends from home. I took a cake decorating class a few years ago and they told us when transporting cupcakes, place a small dab or icing under the cupcake to keep it from sliding. This works fantastic, I do this everytime!

Post a Comment