Monday, September 20, 2010

Airplane Party Ideas

I think building a children's party around airplanes is oh so cute! Here is a roundup of my favorite airplane parties that I have seen around the web...

Jordan of Polka Dot Prints created the sweetest airplane dessert table for her son's 2nd birthday. I love the use of the puffy clouds in the background and on the table in a form of a dessert. It gives the table such a kid friendly feel.





Isn't her table precious? Visit Polka Dot Prints to learn how to make the milk cartons, white chocolate cloud treats and cookie baggage claim favors.

My next favorite airplane party is from the insanely talented Amy Atlas. Amy designed this kids table for her son's recent birthday. I love her twist on the theme! This party was called "Ready for Takeoff!"

Love, love, love this stylish table! The orange and grey color scheme is a favorite of mine and I adore the modern graphics and subtle decor used throughout the party design.





If you are having an airplane party, chances are, you are going to want to send guests a boarding pass invitation. This one from Nounces Design is perfect! I really like the map envelope paired with the invitation...which she handmade from Atlas paper!

At the party hosted by Jennifer, creator of Nounces, she served lunch in plastic containers similar to the ones given to passengers on an airplane. Details like that make a party!

Please check out the goodie bags Jennifer MADE!! She painted Cheerios boxes brown, then cut two pieces of brown paper into the shape of a suitcase and attached one to either side. To give it a little extra umph, Jennifer attached yellow strips of cardstock and travel stickers to the boxes.
My youngest loooves pointing out airplanes. I know he would love an airplane party of his own! Goodness...I have so many themes to choose from for his upcoming party!



11 comments:

Nina Designs + Parties said...

LOVE this party!!!!
Stop by my blog and partipate in the giveaway of a Nina Designs print!
http://designsbynina.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

love them all!

Sandi said...

So cute! I love the suitcase gift boxes too.
We are all so excited to see what theme you choose!

Steph Meyer said...

christi--what an adorable post! thanks for all of the great links and inspirations!

Anonymous said...

What creative details. Love the food served in containers, and the runway tablecloth.

Heather@Peach Pizzazz said...

It's amazing how consistent this theme is through all the details, and so well executed! Beautiful!

Selina said...

gorgeous blog, lovely ideas! we are in the party planning stages as well for my girls 1st birthday

Lisa Lynton said...

Both are super cute! I fall in love with all your finds!!

Sugar & Spice Event Design said...

Great way of tying the theme into everything in a clean and classic way! Beautiful work!

Mussafir said...

super cute! love it!

Jen said...

These are adorable! Love it!!

Post a Comment