Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{Inspiration} Calling All Superheroes!

I'm STILL trying to decide which theme to go with for Nick's 4th birthday party! The firetruck theme is still in the running, but Nick's new fascination with superheroes just might win. Here are some fun finds from around the web...

This invitation by Hicks Paper Goods gives the classic theme a fun twist and I love the cake with the tride and true superhero colors.

If I go with the superhero theme, the big decision will be whether or not to go with the classic primary color combo or make up my own??! The ladies of Scissors Paper Cake style the trendiest kids parties and I looove what they did with this modern superhero party.
A personalized superhero shirt would delight each little party guest I'm sure!

Last year I ordered a custom melamine plate to coordinate with Nick's party and we use it daily. It might be fun to add another into the mix!

Posh Tot Events ALWAYS styles their events perfectly and this superhero of course did not disappoint. The plate and napkin ring combination is so cute and the use of paper lanterns sitting (instead of hanging!) on the table is a great idea!


I would love to greet guests at the door with their own superhero cape! Another alternative would be to set up a "make your own cape" station.


I have such a sweet tooth, so it is always hard for me to decide on cake, cupcakes or cookies or serve them all! The cookies from the Posh Tots event are perfect and I always love the fondant toppers from Two Sugar Babies.


What do you think?? I love the theme and you can do an incredible amount with it, but is it too generic?? I would love to hear your ideas and see your pictures if you have any!

images:
invitation & cake (sara's party perfect), yellow & black superhero party (imprintables), red superhero shirt (made for you tees via etsy) melamine plate (rosie posie designs via etsy), individual placesetting, tablescape & cookies (posh tot events), capes (homemade heroes via etsy), cape kit (baby pop via etsy), fondant toppers (two sugar babies via etsy)




17 comments:

Jamie said...

i LOVE this! this party has been a favorite of mine ever since i first saw it. my 10 month old doesn't know it but this is going to be his 2nd birthday party! i would go with this one!
good luck!
jamie
themirandaclan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The capes would be the winning vote if I had to choose! Love it!

Lili said...

i say surprise us Christi - im sure you're going to make a few unique takes of your own on this theme! something modern and non-traditional on a fun superhero party will be exciting!

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry too much about it being generic-it is really about your son & what he loves! Whatever you decide, it will be fabulous!

JC's Loft said...

Oh can't wait to see what you pick!!

Leslie said...

Hi there! I've been a long time reader of your blog, and love all the fabulous inspiration you bring.

These superhero party pics are making me wish I had a little boy; though I'm sure a supergirl party could be done too. As far as which theme to go with, I totally agree with swankychicfete...surprise us all. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Sandi said...

I love when they all get their own superhero cape! it makes for such cute pictures! can't wait to see what you decide!

Tracy said...

I adored the firetruck! However, I vote for super hero. Your right can do soooo much with it, and your son would probably love it!

Pink Peppermint Paper said...

I am gearing up for a superhero party too! Here's the invitation I just finished along with a couple of ideas for other directions. BTW, my two have those reversible capes you featured. LOVE THEM!

Eleanor

http://site.pinkpeppermintpaper.com/blog/2010/09/07/no-ordinary-day/

Piggy Bank Parties said...

We love generic super heros! Our godson loved super heros so we created a comic book-inspired invitation to look just like him! We also created "Super Hero" logos in different colors to iron-on capes for each guest.

My godson's mom also had games that tested their super powers--strength, jumping, etc. We'll be posting all the details on our blog soon.

You can see the invitation at the following link to our shop and we're in the process of designing the rest of the party decor collection.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/51544971/superhero-invitation-printable

Have fun!

Unknown said...

We just did this theme for my 4-year-old son back in June. Wish you would have done this post back then. Here's my blog post and party that I pulled together. I went with the traditional primary color theme because it went with the venue really well (http://the-grooters-family.blogspot.com/2010/06/superhero-for-day-or-two.html). Also, just a note about doing anything with trademarks or licensed superheros, be careful, you don't want to get into any legal trouble. We had to make the Batman fondant cut out ourselves because the bakery wouldn't touch a trademark and we had to alter the Superman to be a "J" instead. They wouldn't do the cupcakes for me at all because it was "too much work" to do the fondant cut outs. Anyways, can't wait to see how your theme turns out. Love your site for birthday and party inspiration!

Unknown said...

Oh and we did the capes and masks for the kids and ordered those from Superfly Kidz (superflykidz.com), who did them so fast and very reasonably priced for what we got!

Candy and Cake Sugar Designs said...

These are great ideas!
My son has the same favorites! We too, are in a tie between superhero and a firefighter party for his 4th bday party.

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I just did the firetruck theme and created the diy printables: intriguedesigngroup.etsy.com

It was a tough decision because my husband is a 'superhero' storyboard artist and that was another direction we wanted to go. Didn't realize others had this dilemma too! I'll have a superhero diy party in my store soon so convo me if you would like to check out another cute superhero design option.

Have fun choosing! It'll be fun either way!

michelle said...

Love this theme! I have 3 year old twin boys and can totally see doing this in the next year or two. You could have the kids come up with their own superhero name. That would be pretty funny!

Gwynn @ Gwynn Wasson Designs said...

SOOOO cute!! I've been dying to do this theme for my little guy. Only problem is he's too young and doesn't understand superheroes yet!!

Enchanted Expectations said...

OMG! I'm doing a super hero party for Bailey's 5th Birthday. So you know my vote!

Post a Comment