Monday, April 11, 2011

{Designer Crush} Munger Interiors

P is for Party is a place for all things party related, but I know so many of us that have a love for entertaining, have a love for interior design as well. So, I wanted to take a moment and introduce you to one of the finest interior design firms out there, Munger Interiors. Lucky for me, the firm is based in Houston AND the founder, Elizabeth Munger, is a dear friend of mine.

Each project that Elizabeth and her sister and partner Amy work on is phenomenal, but I was blown away by the following Bay House project and I know you will be too!

<span class=

I could look at this room for hours. The Kelly Wearstler "Bengal Bazaar" pillows in pink are perfect for the beach and I ADORE the striped chairs! I am drooling over the coffee table as well. This table is to the trade, but you can find a similar version at Restoration Hardware.

<span class=

Elizabeth accessorized this room to perfection!

<span class=

What a perfectly modern, yet quaint bay house kitchen. I cannot tell you how much I love the acrylic bar stools! I am a big fan of stained concrete countertops too!

<span class=

The table is gorgeous and I really like how Elizabeth mixed Koobo chairs with smaller wooden chairs. And I love the print on the chair cushions!

<span class=

Now on to the bunkroom! This is my favorite style....upholstered headboards with matching bedskirts and pillows paired with crisp white linens. I'm a huge fan of seagrass too (I have it in many areas of my home)! And I loooove the white lacquered nightstand!

<span class=

How cute are the bunk beds?!

<span class=

Clearly this was a small room to work with, but oh how cute are the three beds instead of just two?! I love the simplicity of the fabrics, yet the pink provides the perfect amount of color.

<span class=

The master bedroom is beautiful in shades of white and blue. The skirted nightstands with glass top are just what I have been wanting for our guest room!

<span class=

I could gush about each room in this house all day long! This is the master bathroom...

<span class=

<span class=

How gorgeous is the deck?! I believe some of the graphic turquoise fabric is from Trina Turk's new line which you can find at Layla Grace.

<span class=

Not only do Elizabeth and Amy design beautiful rooms, they all know how to accessorize and pay close attention to detail...something we party girls appreciate!

<span class=

The custom fabric lamp shade is dainty and looks so good on the mirrored bedside table.

<span class=

This turquoise box was purchased to hide remotes in the living room.

<span class=

I am slightly obsessed with monograms and monogram all of our towels. I really like how they chose a more of a tone on tone embossed look for the bathroom hand towels.

<span class=

Drinks and limes ready to go!

<span class=

The home owners have 4 children, so Elizabeth and Amy designated a spot for beach towels and painted beach buckets for each child.

<span class=

Another gorgeous fabric choice for a white chair!

My style is always changing, but I typically lean towards the transitional, but I still feel like my roots are traditional. For those of you who love traditional decor with classic fabrics, you will really enjoy the following rooms by Munger Interiors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


10 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

oh so beautiful! Elizabeth is SO talented! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I would love to move into that bay house. The splashes of color make all the white breezy and inviting, not so stark. Lovely!

Vicki D said...

This is so beautiful, do they style in Australia?? ha ha

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! Lovely! So wish they were here where I live on the east coast.

A Blissful Nest said...

love that beach house. Right up my alley!!

Enchanted Expectations said...

Love them all. Oh I can't wait to move into a new house next year so I can decorate. Great inspiration

Ramona said...

i want to be there right now!

Unknown said...

Oh, How I love a toile bathroom!

the finley family said...

i love the crisp white bedding! where are the sheets/duvets from?

Julia Ryan said...

love that beach house! All those bedrooms are so cozy and crisp!

Post a Comment