Monday, April 18, 2011

A Few Party Ideas for Me

My birthday will be here before I know it, so I need to figure out a little fun way to to celebrate! I'm still on the fence on whether it is ok to plan your own party (more worried what others think than me), but my favorite thing in the world is to plan parties, so my birthday is really just another excuse!

Photobucket
{image via Martha Stewart}

A few of my favorite things are cookies (all kinds!), fresh flowers and a night out with my best girlfriends. So, I have a few themes in mind...

Cookies & Cocktails
I have a sweet tooth like no other, so an evening centered around all types of cookies would be perfect! This is an easy party that could be hosted at home. I'd either like to create a cookie table with lots of varieties or build a tiered cookie stand with several selections which would serve as the cake. Throw in a few of my favorite drinks and gorgeous centerpieces and I would be one happy birthday girl!

Photobucket
{source unknown}

Photobucket
{image via Rebecca Thuss}

Champagne & Cookies
This would be just like the Cookies & Cocktails party at home, but with the addition of a champagne bar!

Photobucket
{image via Todd Events}

Photobucket
{Image via The Party Dress}

Flower Arranging Party
with good friends, fun sips and yummy goodies
This is a theme I have been itching to do ever since I saw this party idea on Modern Eve. I'd love to set up a flower stand like you would see in a flower market and let the girls select their favorites. Then, someone would be on hand to teach us how to arrange simple, yet beautiful, arrangements for our homes. The girls would take home the arrangements they created as their favor. This theme could work at any time during the day...breakfast, brunch, dinner or just appetizers and drinks! It's always the theme I am leaning towards because I could incorporate all of my favorite things I listed above.

Photobucket
{image via Modern Eve}

Photobucket
{image via The Party Dress}

Now I just need to settle on a color scheme! I have so many favorites right now! What colors are you crushing on currently??




20 comments:

Bud and Leo said...

Love Cookies & Cocktails & the mimosa bar! And love that lime green Martha table! Gorgeous! Happy upcoming Birthday :)

JC's Loft said...

With ya on whether or not to throw a bday party for yourself??? Anxious to see what you decide :)

Never saw that floral arranging party, but that is such an amazing idea!

Paula

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

That cookie bar featuring family favorites is a great idea! And since yours will be a springtime party, cheery colors like that lime green would make a lovely palette! Best birthday wishes. :-)

Lili said...

i LOVE the flower arrangement party ~ guests get to take home their arrangement too!

it'll be hard to pick a theme ~ i adore the cookies and cocktails theme too!

Donna said...

Nothing wrong with planning your own party! Can't wait to see what you choose...happy planning; )

The Balch Bunch said...

LOVE this post!!!!!

Laura said...

I love the floral arranging party idea, and you could easily incorporate any of the other ideas with it!

A Blissful Nest said...

Love the flower arranging idea but mixed with some champagne. The limey green and soft pink image is so gorgeous for words!

Magnolia Rouge said...

Just incorporate them all, I simply LOVE cookies and a little champagne it always nice too! Now the colors......Bright pinks, lime greens, bright yellows, purple, fuschia , blues oh and orange all work well take your pick and the wish ou the Happiest upcoming Birthday!

Loren said...

Love this post! So many great ideas!

toastandlaurel said...

Too funny . . . I bookmarked that post on the floral arranging party last year (maybe from Design Sponge originally?) and can't get the idea out of my head! I think all of the ideas are so fun and that your birthday is the perfect excuse to plan a party.

twopunksandaprincess said...

I've been the "florist" at 2 flower arranging parties! they are fun - then you have decor after the flower arranging is done!

debbies said...

The Mimosa party looks like so much fun. I'm really loving hot pink/orange right now.

Cari @ Socially Circled said...

It's definitely okay to throw yourself a party! Any excuse to design and plan!! I'm loving yellow/robins egg blue. Also, a huge fan of orange/red/hot pink. Have fun planning!!!

Enchanted Expectations said...

Well I throw myself a party every year. I figure why not. No one can celebrate your birthday better than you. I love the Mimosa Bar!

Amanda Wells said...

Love the cookies and cocktails and love the first picture! Would totally throw myself a party!

Hayley Hardcastle said...

Totally okay to throw your own birthday party! Just not a shower (and yes, I've been asked)!?@! I am using a lot of yellow right now! And I am loving coral. And of course both of those go with aqua! :) Miss you!!! xo

jackie fo said...

First off - its totally okay to plan your own party. I LOVE the cookies, champange bar idea... :)

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

YAYYYY for your upcoming birthday - can it be virtual?! :) I love the first pic, absolutely divine! Maybe yellow + green? Orrr.... grey + lime green?

Unknown said...

Birthday Gift Ideas

I LOVE the cookies, champange bar ideas.Love this post! So many great ideas! Thank you sharing ideas..

Post a Comment