Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrating My Birthday

It just occurred to me that I have not filled you in on the latest party that I am working on! Probably because the party is to celebrate my birthday and I do not like to make a fuss about myself. My husband and I are hosting a small dinner party next Friday and I am really looking forward to the delicious food and quality time with great friends. My parents gifted us with a private chef who will be preparing an amazing menu for us at our home along with a small staff to wine and dine us.

I really did not have a set theme or color scheme in mind. All I knew is that I wanted a formal evening to give us an excuse to get sitters and dress up! That's all I told my friend Hayley who quickly designed the most gorgeous invitation for me. Hayley hand wrote each invitation in her gorgeous calligraphy. Hayley was inspired by the butterflies that are on my Herend Queen Victoria China which we will use that evening. **The above image does not give the invitation justice as Hayley hand wrote each invite and the proof uses a computer font**

Like I said, I do not have a specific theme or color scheme going on; just an elegant evening with friends. If you have any thoughts or ideas, I would love to hear them!

Image credits: pie table setting, large banquet table and pink flowers (style me pretty), coffee & donuts (martha stewart)


11 comments:

cindy gatewood said...

Sounds like so much fun & can't wait to see pictures of the party!
Enjoy!!

Sandi said...

sounds so fun! (especially the private chef!) the invites are beautiful...can't wait to see what you do!

Unknown said...

what an amazing way to spend your birthday!

Rach said...

It's going to be fantastic. I love the chef idea.

I Do Declare said...

What a FANTASTIC gift from your parents! I can't wait to hear how the party goes!

kristen said...

happy birthday christi!! that will be so much fun!! Hope you have a great birthday!

Steph Meyer said...

christi! how fun for you! it's always good to celebrate ourselves, what a great way to do it! you probably already know of a great florist, but if not, jonathan friedman flowers does incredible arrangements. i used him when i worked at the gallery in houston and was always happy with his work.
i'm sure your party will be the essence of chic! can't wait to see pictures!

A Blissful Nest said...

oh I can't wait to see the pictures. It looks like it is going to be gorgeous!

Kristen said...

You deserve a GREAT party!!

The Swanky Isis said...

How fun for you! What a great present from your parents. Your china pattern reminds me of this Martha Stewart Weddings cover http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/martha-stewart-butterfly-wedding-cake...may be fun idea for your b-day cake.

Also, I picture an elegant evening of metallic hues, whites and creams featuring accents of bold flowers that compliment your china colors with these butterfly branches in the arrangements. I just love them from Zgallerie. http://www.polyvore.com/gallerie_butterfly_branches_white/thing?id=17687904

Metallic, glittery, sparkly vintage paper birthday crowns embellished with butterflies would be fun centerpieces.

It's a little intimidating sharing party thoughts with you though. You are the expert and everything you touch turns to gold. Have fun! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure when you're birthday is, so it might be too late for this suggestion, but I think the flowers on the bottom right would look quite lovely in antique floral vases in matching pastel colors.


Personal cakes are also a more "adult and elegant" touch as well. I don't know if you actually sing happy birthday (I don't anymore), but if you don't, this is a great way to sneak out of a song and dance. your guest will be too busy ooohing and ahhhing over their cakes
http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/recipe/chocolate-swirl-cakes?backto=true

Post a Comment