Friday, June 11, 2010

July Fourth is Upon Us

July Fourth will be here before we know it! Besides the fact that Houston is pretty unbearable during the summer, I love this holiday because we always get together with family and friends at our ranch and consume lots of yummy food that blows my diet. Here is an inspiration board I put together to get you in the spirit.

Whether you are hosting friends at your house for an afternoon bbq or a weekend of guests, set the mood by sending out invitations. I love the modern touch of the navy and white trellis pattern on these cards found on finestationery.com.

Another way to get guests excited upon their arrival is to decorate your front door area. The ladies of Door Couture have some really fun ideas and offer DIY instructions.

William Sonoma always offers the neatest tools each holiday. I love their apple pie molds! Baking an apple pie has never been so easy...or cute!

Caspari is a go-to brand for me when I am looking for chic paper plates and accessories. I also often visit potterybarn.com for party decor inspiration. I love how they filled mason jars (which you can find at the grocery store) with simple blooms and tied coordinating ribbon around the top.

Have you seen Martha Stewart's patriotic collection at Grandin Road?! I love the dessert tablescape she created and the tubs and striped banner, especially, will add flare to your party.

Let the planning begin!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

love it! i want to attend that party!!!

those invites are so cute!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Awesome inspiration board! Off to prep for a Backyard BBQ!

Sandi said...

i want those apple pie molds!

Vicki said...

Great inspiration board! Thanks for the ideas!

Lauren Borquez said...

Love these! :)

michelle said...

Love the apple pies! Now if only I could bake :) We have some cute 4th tees for kids.

Ashley @ The Sweet Life Studio said...

Classic, but not cliche. I love it!

A Blissful Nest said...

The drapes on either side of that table are amazing!!Great inspiration board.

Post a Comment