Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Chocolate Embellishment for your Cupcake

Tiffany celebrated her 30th birthday in style with a Cupcakes + Cocktails party at a local boutique. When I saw her pictures, the chocolate T cupcake toppers immediately caught my eye! What a unique idea! Tiffany got her inspiration from here and has also provided us with a simple how-to. Read below for the details...

How to make the chocolate toppers as told by Tiffany...

I used Microsoft Word and dafont.com (to find a font I liked) to create a T. I then printed a page full of them. I melted chocolate chips and poured it into a piping bag with a very small icing tip. I then placed wax paper over my print out and traced the T's, while half hazardly filling them in. I should mention that I had a piece of cardboard below all of this so I could easily transport them to the freezer...then to the party so they didn't break. We placed them in the freezer for about 20 minutes and the peeled them right off the wax paper. We did have some of them break because they were thin, but we had made so many it didn't matter. I received the most compliments on these and they were super easy to do! You could virtually trace anything!



11 comments:

Rach said...

What a great simple and elegant touch!

Pamela Smerker said...

Gorgeous and tasty too!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

Cute~ I made the ones from Sweetopia. They're fun but VERY fragile!

Kelly said...

I love it...I did hearts one time for valentine's day but now I am inspired to try letters too.

jackie fo said...

these are great and make a big impact !

Ingrid said...

really cute!

Unknown said...

These are great! I made solid hearts for Valentines day. Saw it done on Regis & Kelly.

The Rhea Family said...

Love it! I was curious as to how to make the base to stick in the cupcakes?

Sheek Shindigs said...

These are really cute and easy to do. I did hearts as well for Valentine's Day and they were super cute!

Office To Aprons said...

Genius!

Peggy said...

I did the same thing for my four year old son's birthday party! Except they were Superman shields.
Check it out...!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IpHazlDfm3Y/S6sQHuMuAuI/AAAAAAAAA-k/jDKvLLg3fI0/s1600/IMG_2924.JPG

Post a Comment